Plan your tours
Start your tour of Scotland at the Battle of Bannockburn
A major Scottish attraction for group and FIT programmes from 2014, Bannockburn is within easy reach of Edinburgh and Glasgow - perfect for both day trips and as an exciting start or finish of tours of Scotland.
700 years after King Robert the Bruce’s famous victory in 1314, experience medieval warfare like never before through immersive, interactive 3D technology and discover how the tactics and decisions of two kings inspired events which would shape the Scottish nation. Find out more about the history of the Battle of Bannockburn here.
Bannockburn opening times
The new Battle of Bannockburn experience opens to the public on 1 March 2014.
We are currently welcoming groups from 1 April 2014.
- March-October: 10am-5.30pm, daily
- November-February: 10am-5pm, daily
- Closed Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Years Day, 2 January
Block out dates
Monday 23 June - Thursday 3 July 2014 inclusive
Due to the anniversary celebrations, we are unfortunately unable to accept bookings to The Battle of Bannockburn experience during the above dates. However, there are a host of Trust properties to visit during this period in central Scotland and the surrounding areas. Visit the NTS Travel Trade page to find out more.
2014 introductory group rate: £8 per person (based on minimum of 12 pax). Includes UK VAT.
Exclusive to the travel trade, you will also be able to visit Bannockburn with a valid:
- National Trust for Scotland flexible, multi-day Discover Ticket. By becoming an NTS agent you will also receive 25% commission on all Discover Tickets you sell.
- Scottish Heritage Pass which offers unlimited access to National Trust for Scotland and Historic Scotland properties - including nearby Stirling Castle. From 2014, the pass also provides access to nine Discovering Distilleries sites.
Our travel trade team is ready and waiting to take your bookings and help with your 2014 tour planning. Pre-booking is essential, as admission is by timed entry.
For all trade bookings, enquiries and information email firstname.lastname@example.org, call 0844 493 2104 or +44 131 458 0204 (from outside the UK).
For more travel trade information on The Battle of Bannockburn, including foreign language provision, parking and general facilities, download our PDF brochure.
Visit the Trust's Travel Trade website or call us for more ideas about gardens, castles and places of historical interest to visit at any time of year.